Delivery & Postage
Royal Mail – Second Class Post – £1.99. Orders will be posted within 2 working days, delivery in 3 – 5 days. We will always obtain proof of posting with this service but there is no tracking and no proof of delivery.
Royal Mail – First Class Post – £3.50. Orders will be posted within 2 working days. Delivery in 1-3 days. We will always obtain proof of posting with this service but there is no tracking and no proof of delivery.
Delivery to European countries:
Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed – £14.95. Fully tracked with signature on delivery and online delivery confirmation. Delivery is in approximately 3-5 working days.
Courier £7.95 approximately 5 to 7 days
*Please note Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed is limited to parcel weight of 2kg. If your package weighs more than this we will quote you with the additional charge for DPD courier delivery. If you are not happy to pay the additional amount then we will be happy to cancel your order and refund in full or amend your order to bring it below the 2kg weight and refund accordingly.
Thoroughly Modern Grandma Shop ships small orders such as Denttabs to USA and Canada by Royal Mail International Standard, approx 6 to 7 working days – £5.50. If the Order is larger I’ll drop you an email with the cost for additional postage before processing the order.
For other destinations please drop me an email for an estimate of P&P.
Our Packaging Promise
Don’t expect any fancy parcels as we’re trying to keep it simple and avoid all those single use plastic and unnecessary packaging.
- We always use reused or recycled paper to package your products safely inside the box – no bubble wrap or foam peanuts.
- We use compostable tape made from brown 100% recycled paper, with a latex-based adhesive to seal your parcels – a totally biodegradable tape that can be recycled or composted with your box.
- Where possible we send out packages in reused cardboard boxes, often ones that have originally come from our suppliers, or brown paper mailers for small products, with corrugated cardboard inserts for protection. On occasions where we do need to use new boxes these will always be made from recycled cardboard.
- We ask that our customers please reuse, recycle, or compost any packaging we send your way.
1. We hope you are happy with your purchase. However, we do understand that sometimes you may change your mind, so should you wish to return an item, we will be happy to offer a refund or exchange provided the item is unused and in the same condition as you received it.
2. If you wish to return an item, please contact us in the first instance within 28 days of receipt of your goods.
3. Please note that unless the item is damaged or faulty or there was an error on our part, the costs of returning the item are non refundable. We cannot accept responsibility for goods in transit or returned goods that do not arrive. We recommend that you obtain proof of posting from the Post Office, or use a signed for service.
4. Once the item has been received and inspected by us we will refund the price of the item using the same method originally used by you to pay for it, or exchange the product if an exchange has been requested. Please note the cost of the original postage incurred sending the item to you is non refundable, unless the item is damaged or faulty.
5. We regret that the following items are non-returnable for hygiene reasons, unless faulty; sanitary products, toothbrushes and other oral products.
6. None of the above conditions affect your statutory rights when goods are faulty, or not as described.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about delivery or packaging. If for any reason your order does not arrive as expected please email us quoting your order number, and we will investigate as soon as possible.