Single Adult Bamboo Toothbrush (Medium) with Bristles Manufactured from Castor Oil
Why not say goodbye to disposable plastic toothbrushes and switch to a sustainable Bamboo toothbrush?
The Hydrophil toothbrushes are just that. Vegan, biodegradable and environmentally friendly, thanks to the water-conserving production methods used.
The bristles are made from plant based castor oil which means they are completely BPA free. The handle of the toothbrush is composed of rapidly renewable bamboo, which also has an antibacterial effect. This toothbrush cleans gums and teeth gently yet thoroughly.
- 100% vegan
- water-conserving production methods used
- environmentally friendly and 96% biodegradable
Always let the toothbrush dry thoroughly and replace every 2- 3 months. The handle can be disposed of as organic waste whereas the head of the toothbrush should be disposed of as residual waste.
Hydrophil donate 10% of all their profits to a non-profit organisation called Viva con Agua who campaign to provide access to clean drinking water for people worldwide.
New Improved Bristles:
We at HYDROPHIL always try to consistently improve our products and to find even more sustainable solutions and materials. We have therefore been looking for a long time for even more environmentally friendly bristles made from renewable raw materials. So we are all the more pleased that, after a long test phase, we can now present a great solution to you: the first and only bamboo toothbrush that is proven to be 100% petroleum-free!
Our innovation is just as good for your teeth, but even better for the environment.
Here are the most important facts about the materials and our new bristles:
- In future the new bristles are made from renewable raw materials and are therefore 100% bio-based.
- They are manufactured from castor oil, are BPA-free and contain no petroleum.
- Castor oil is a natural product made from the seeds of the castor oil plant (Ricinus communis).
- The raw material is used neither as food nor as animal feed, and its cultivation thus does not compete with the cultivation areas for food.
Please note: The new bristles are made from the most environmentally friendly material that is currently available. Nevertheless, they are unfortunately not compostable under normal household conditions. We therefore still recommend that the handle and the bristles be disposed of separately.