- 250g/8oz Plain Flour
- 125g/4oz Softened Butter
- 125g/4oz Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Large Bananas mashed
- ½ Teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder if using Plain Flour
- 100g Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease 2lb loaf tin.
- Put all the ingredients apart from the walnuts into a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts, keeping a few to scatter on the top.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin, scatter the reserved walnuts on top and bake in the centre of the oven for about 50 minutes until well risen.
- Check to make sue it’s cooked in the middle by inserting a skewer and checking it comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in tin for a few minutes then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- It’s so easy to make and tastes great with a cup of tea for a snack or breakfast. The walnuts are optional so you can leave them out if you don’t like them or you may want to replace them with chocolate chips if you’re making it for the kids.