Family Friendly Music Festivals with kids
There are now numerous family friendly music festivals that not only cater for the adults but also have plenty to offer the kids, making them ideal for a weekend away for the whole family.
Music festivals also tend to have several different stages and a good mix of music giving you the opportunity to enjoy different bands and artists throughout the weekend. It’s much cheaper to spend a weekend seeing a couple of your favourite bands than it is to go along to individual concerts.
If your kids love being outdoors and enjoy music they’ll love going to a music festival. Make sure you choose the right festival to take your kids to, if they are enjoying themselves you’re likely to have a good time to.
Choose festivals with dedicated children’s areas to keep the kids amused such as Truck Festival. Craft tents, circus skills and face painting will keep them amused while you take a break.
To make sure you have a relaxed and enjoyable festival checkout my top tips checklist below.
Top tips for surviving a music festival with kids
- Take plenty of dry snacks (the tent can get hot and chocolate may melt!) and drinks for the kids.
- Take reuseable water bottles.
- Have an agreed plan of what they should do if they get lost and make sure they have your mobile number on them, somewhere it won’t fall off or get lost. Although bear in mind the phone signal isn’t always reliable.
- Take a big flag that you can put in the ground when you find somewhere to sit and make your basecamp for the day. It will make it easier for everyone to find their way back.
- Take eco friendly facepaint and glitter for the kids.
- Agree an amount of pocket money they can spend during the weekend, numerous rides on the big wheel can soon add up!
- Take ear defenders it can be very noisy.
- Head torches will come in handy for the kids as well as adults.
- Make sure you have a large picnic blanket for them to sit on and a small blanket if they want to curl up and have a nap.
- Take some activity books and pencils for when you’re back at the tent.
- Take flannels and some homemade cleaning solution (see below for recipe). You can either wet the flannels and keep them in an airtight container (not glass if you’re going to a festival) or just have it in a spray bottle ready to wet the flannels when required.
- If you have a pushchair or trolley make it visible in the dark with some lights or LED light up balloons so people don’t trip over it.
- Take an umbrella or parasol to give some shade to young children, or even a small beach pop up shelter.
- Take a trolley to pack everything in, the kids can also ride on it when they get tired.
- Don’t forget wellies, waterproofs, hats, sunglasses and sun cream – you never know what the weather will do.
Wet Wipe Cleaning Solution
Lavender and Tea Tree Oil Wipes Solution
-1/8 cup olive oil
-1 ½ cup distilled water
-1 tsp baby shampoo
-2 drops tea tree oil
-4 drops lavender oil
Hope you all have a brilliant Festival Season.